All formats and forms for offering, making agreements, confirming and contracting bookings are available on Akomgo.com. Follow these procedures exactly, in the right order, and the rental will run safely. From experience, we’ve prepared the following tips for well-organized, safe rentals:
- Check, check and double check. This applies to all businesses, so for holiday home rentals as well.
- Emails will be flying back and forth between you and the tenant, and multiple payments (deposit, transfer capital) will land in your bank account. Check that the tenant’s details are always the same, and if they change, ask for the reason.
- Once you’ve completed the lease agreement in full, you will be assured that you've dealt accurately with all the details of the rental.
- Find out on the phone what your tenants’ holiday plans are. Does the rental involve a family or a company? Are they adult museum visitors or partygoers who want to paint the town red? You’ll learn a lot from a friendly phone call and that can prevent your home being rented for the wrong reasons.
- Has the (prospective) tenant deviated from an agreement? React immediately to correct the error. Do not settle for promises to make good later or still be dealing with the problem during their stay.
- In addition to all those emails, you can learn a lot about tenants on the phone.
- Check the villa or apartment immediately at the end of the stay.
- Stay in touch to deal with any questions and problems. Tenants appreciate it when you take an interest in their satisfaction about the holiday.
- If the neighbors know that you are renting your property to holiday makers then they can take that into consideration. If they know how to reach you, then they can also inform you if something goes wrong.