Of course, you want to get the most out of the accommodation on offer. Vacation is also an adventure, right? So you’ll probably want to know more than what the advertisement says.
Some tips on finding out more:
- Many guests write a review. Take a moment to read through the reviews and use the average assessment as a way of checking out the offer again. Now you can make an informed choice.
- Don’t just communicate by e-mail with the renter. Call them on the phone.
- Go through the proper procedures with the renter for agreements on how and when to make payments. So, wait until the right moment arrives, as specified on the agreed procedure.
- Pay preferably with reliable systems like iDeal or major credit cards. Keep copies of bank transfers and transaction records.
- PayPal is also a secure and transparent payment system between two online accounts. You don’t have a PayPal account? The renter can arrange for a credit card payment via PayPal. It’s very reliable but there are costs attached.
- The Akomgo.com booking form lists and describes all agreements in detail. Use it, because then you won’t forget a thing and can check all the details.
- Does the rental includes bedding or will be taking your own with you? Does it include a crib, playpen or stroller? Make sure all agreements are included in the signed contract.
- It’s good to know in advance when and where you should hand over the keys. It could give you hours more holiday fun.